Tuesday, October 9, 2007

NEWS: Risers, Repairs and Quality of Life Meeting

Stellmar turned on the gas in my apartment this past Saturday morning around 11am. There was considerable banging before then -- starting at 8am -- apparently because further repairs had to be done in other apartments.

One of the plumbers told me that someone had renovated a G-Line kitchen above me without properly isolating the riser. They had, in fact, put a screw into riser itself! (Or so he said).

I'm a bit shocked that this didn't cause a problem sooner, but I didn't see the damage, for all I know the pipe was only dented or grazed -- but the damage was enough for the riser to lose pressure.

On the E line, they told me that there were several leaks found on the lower floors, and that lengths of riser piping had to be replaced, but I don't have confirmation of this.

Anyway. I am told that they are now plastering up the holes in our walls.

Amusingly, Lisa in the Management office called yesterday asking, "if [I] wanted that hole closed in [my] apartment." (Um. Nah, I just love having a huge hole in my bedroom wall.)

Incidentally, I understand that I am the only resident who ended up having a hole smashed all the way through the kitchen wall. If anyone else has had a similar misfortune, please let me know....

So, as you can imagine, I wanted very much to go to the Quality of Life meeting tonight, but I have not been able to rearrange my work schedule.

I asked Management and a few Board members to have minutes done, but I would greatly appreciate any notes that anyone is able to take.

Thanks!!!

No comments: